THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS

School of Business professor, associate dean appointed interim dean

June 6, 2016
Jim Guthrie, associate dean of academic affairs for the School of Business, will assume the role as interim dean.

Jim Guthrie, associate dean of academic affairs for the School of Business, will assume the role as interim dean. Photo by Steve Puppe

LAWRENCE — Incoming Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor and School of Business Dean Neeli Bendapudi has appointed Associate Dean Jim Guthrie as interim dean, effective July 1.

Guthrie has served as associate dean of academic affairs since 2014, and he has been on the KU School of Business faculty since August 1988. Guthrie is a scholar of human resource management.

Guthrie: “The KU School of Business has been my professional home for nearly 30 years, and it is an honor and a privilege to serve the business school as interim dean in a time of great growth and excitement for the School of Business.

“It is my hope to maintain Neeli’s vision for the school as a great place to learn, to work and in which to invest. As a scholar of human resource management, it is my goal to build on the school’s remarkable people and programs.

“In my research and my work as an administrator, I try to convey the importance of human capital to each and every organization. Capitol Federal Hall is a wonderful facility that reflects the great talent of our faculty, staff and students, and I will continue to build on the bright future of the KU School of Business.”

Guthrie holds a doctorate in human resource management from the University of Maryland. Since 2005, he has held the William and Judy Docking Professorship in the School of Business.

Guthrie has published in many of his field’s top journals, including Organization Science, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, and Academy of Management Journal.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.